11 Oct Prevention Service Supervisor
Position: Prevention Service Supervisor
Position Type: Permanent Full-Time
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Services
Location: Community/Winnipeg Office
Salary Range: In accordance with the Provincial Salary Scale
Agency Benefits: Complete and comprehensive benefits plan which takes effect 6 months after employment
Sagkeeng Child and Family Services (SCFS) is a First Nations CFS Agency who strives to recruit inspired, accountable and driven individuals to join our diverse talented team of professionals. If you are an individual that is looking to be a part of our progressive environment, we want you to be a part of our team!
- Oversees the day to day operation of the unit including the supervision of all Prevention Service Workers assigned within the team.
- Ensures an initial plan including goals of service, time frames and review dates are documented and on file. This must be completed within thirty (30) days of case assignment.
- Provides regular coaching, supervision and direction on all cases.
- Completes case management forms and places in case management binder.
- Reviews and screens special rate requests before submitting them to the agency Special Rate Committee.
- Ensures Direct Service Workers adhere to Provincial standards of monthly CIC face to face contacts and required forms are completed and entered on CFSIS in a timely basis (where required).
- Ensures quarterly reviews (90) day reviews are completed and placed on file.
- Maintains and updates monthly Supervision on CFSIS and attaches hard copies as required.
- Reviews case management binder monthly to ensure actions, plans, visits and file recordings are completed.
- Ensures all services provided are in compliance with Provincial standards, regulations and the Child and Family Services Act of Manitoba.
- Ensures all the services provided reflect the values, traditions and customs of Sagkeeng First Nation.
- All Supervisors must perform On-Call duties consisting of a 7 day rotation.
- BSW degree preferred; or Post-secondary degree in Social Sciences acceptable. Other acceptable combinations of education and related experience may be considered.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working directly in the child welfare profession.
- Minimum three (3) years of direct Supervisory experience within Child Welfare.
- Must have extensive experience in program development with proven ability in implementation.
- Have a working knowledge of Child Maintenance Guidelines. (SRC requests and IRAP Requests).
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical, assessment, problem solving and treatment planning skills.
- Able to utilize and navigate the Provincial CFSIS system.
- Must have a valid class five (5) driver’s license, a reliable vehicle with auto-loss of use.
- Able to speak and/or understand the Ojibway language is considered a definite asset.
Qualified candidates will be required to undergo a criminal record check, child abuse registry check, and a prior contact check as a condition of employment. Sagkeeng Community members and Indigenous candidates will be given preference and are encouraged to self-identify.
Resumes can be sent to: Human Resources Department
Mail:85 Muir Road, Winnipeg MB. R2X 2X7 or P.O. Box 700, Pine Falls MB. R0E 1M0 Fax: (204) 949 1669; (204) 367 8510
Deadline:March 10, 2019
We thank all who apply; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.